Food Bank Program
The Food Bank Program operated by HHS provides a three- to five-day supply of food to individuals and families who are facing an economic crisis and cannot afford to buy their groceries. Currently, the City operates two locations.
The Foodbank serves between 600 to 800 households each month ranging from very low-income families to moderate-income families who are facing a financial crisis and need food assistance on a regular basis.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Sort food and re-stock the foodbank shelves
- Hand-out groceries to families using the foodbank
- Perform light maintenance around the foodbank (wiping down shelves, recycling cardboard boxes, etc.)
We offer two times (afternoon and evening hours) to serve the communities critical grocery needs 5 days a week. They include the following:
Downtown Food Bank: 14 East All Saints Street, Frederick, MD 21701
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mondays and Wednesdays
- 6: 00 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Trinity Food Bank: 6040 New Design Road, Frederick, MD 21703
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
General Information for Volunteers in the Foodbank and the Community Table:
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Information on Youth Volunteers: Please note that youth volunteers under the age of 18 must be properly supervised by an adult volunteer outside of HHS staff.
- Volunteers are requested to commit to volunteering for at least 12 months, typically for 1 or 2 shifts per month in the Foodbank or for 2 to 4 shifts per month in the Community Table.
- Client information, such as the names of people using the Foodbank or the Community Table, is protected by law and must remain confidential.
- Please contact Mike Grogan at 240-409-9005 or HHS at 301-600-1506 if you are unable to make your volunteer shift.