Persons eligible for residential parking permits (metered or non-metered) must live on one of the following streets within the bounded area:
- East and West Church Street
- East Church Street (326-342 only)
- East and West Second Street
- East and West Third Street
- Court Street between West All Saints Street to Third Street
- Record Street
- Council Street
- Market Space Lot
- Rockwell Terrace
- 500 Block of Elm Street
- Water Street between East Patrick and Carroll Creek
- East and West All Saints Street
- 1st block of South Market Street to 300 block of North Market Street
- East and West Patrick Street
- 100 block of East Patrick Street to 1st block of West Patrick Street
- Northside of West Second Street from Memorial Parkway west to College Avenue
- 300 Block of North Bentz Street
- 22 South Bentz Street to 46 South Bentz Street, even side only
- Chapel Alley between 3rd and 4th Streets
- The Southside of Carroll Parkway between Bentz Street and College Avenue
- The Eastside of College Avenue between Carroll Parkway and West Patrick Street
- Ice Street
- 200 block of South Carroll Street, east side only
- Degrange Street
- North Wisner Street
Permitted Parking Area
Subject to restrictions, the holder of a Residential Parking Permit (metered and non-metered) may park on following streets within the bounded areas:
- 100 block West Church to 100 East Church
- 100 block West 2nd to 1st block East 2nd
- 1st block West 3rd to 1st block East 3rd
- 200 block of North Court
- Record Street/Council Street
- Market Space
- First block of East All Saints Street
- 200 block East Church Street
- 326-342 block East Church Street
- 200 block West 2nd Street (north side only)
- 100, 200 block East 2nd Street
- 100 block West 3rd Street
- 100, 200 block East 3rd Street
- 200, 300 block Rockwell Terrace
- 500 block Elm Street
- West All Saints Street
- Carroll Parkway (south side) between North Bentz/College Avenue
- College Avenue (east side), Carroll Parkway to West Patrick Street
- 200 block South Carroll Street from East South Street to Clark Place
- Water Street (east side) between East Patrick Street and Carroll Creek
- Degrange Street
- North Wisner Street
Residential Metered Parking Permit
Each dwelling unit within the bounded area that is located on a street block with parking meters in front of the dwelling may apply for and obtain up to two (2) Residential Metered Parking Permits.
The first Residential Metered Parking Permit is provided at a charge of $50 dollars and the second Residential Metered Parking Permit is available at a cost of $100.
The holder of a Residential Metered Parking Permit may park on any of the streets listed. Residents living on streets with parking meters in front of their dwelling may obtain non-metered parking permits in lieu of metered parking permits. In either case, each dwelling is restricted to a total of two (2) permits. Credit cards are accepted for payment of residential permits.
The holder of a Residential Non-Metered Parking Permit may park on any of the streets listed that are not controlled by a parking meter.
Residential Non-Metered Parking Permit
Each dwelling unit within the bounded area that is located on a street block where no parking meters are present in front of the dwellings may apply for and obtain up to two (2) Residential Non-Metered Parking Permits.
The first Residential Non-Metered Parking Permit is provided free of charge and the second Residential Non-Metered Parking Permit is available at a cost of $100.
Residential Non-Metered Parking Permits are prohibited from parking at spaces controlled by parking meters.
Application must be filed in person at the Parking office located at:
2 South Court St.
Frederick, MD 21701
Subject to restrictions on areas where Residential Metered and Non-Metered Parking Permit holders may park as defined by the street listings. A vehicle lawfully displaying a Residential Parking Permit may park any day of the week without further charge for a period of time not to exceed forty-eight (48) hours within the defined area in any lawful parking space.
A vehicle displaying the proper Residential Parking Permit (metered and non-metered) is not required to move every two (2) hours. But, the permit holder of a vehicle displaying a Residential Parking Permit (metered and non-metered) must still comply with all other applicable local, state, or federal laws including, but not limited to, garbage and street sweeping nights and special events.
A resident of streets listed above may obtain a visitor permit in the form of a hang tag for those times when a guest will be staying and they wish to park their vehicle on the street. The resident may obtain the hang tag in advance of the visitors’ arrival if necessary.
The resident will need to visit the Parking Office and present the following:
- Address where vehicle will be parked
- Tag number of vehicle to be parked
- Duration of stay
The cost is dependent on whether the street is metered or non-metered.
Metered Visitor Parking = $1.00 per hour or $8.00 per day; & $2 per hour or $16 per day on the 1st block of East and West Church St
Non-metered parking = $1.00 per day.
All vehicles must still adhere to the restriction for street sweeping/trash pickup night as posted for each street.