Community Garden Plot
The City of Frederick Parks and Recreation Department maintains an area that CITY residents can apply to use as a Community Garden space. Willow Brook Park has 17 plots. Each plot requires application and costs $60 per season, March to November.
2022 Season - All Garden Plots Reserved - No available plots. Existing garden plot holders will have the opportunity to renew first. IF there are any vacancies after renewal, the plots will be posted to the website, and will be available to any City resident. Two plots per residence.
Please apply and pay for your plot via Visa or MC following the instructions above. Each year plots are offered for renewals first. Then, any available plots are available for new plot holders. Must be City resident. Please be sure to also signup for Garden Plot notifications on the City's website. Instructions below.
Community Garden Plot Rules
- Willow Brook Park - located at 350 McClellan Drive in the Willow Brook subdivision off of Opossumtown Pike and currently has seventeen plots. City residents only.
- Plots are approximately 25 feet by 50 feet each and cost $60 each per season (March-November).
- Maximum of two garden plots per City residence, if available.
- Plots are non-transferable and surrendered back to The City of Frederick.
- Individual garden plots are to be used for growing fruits and/or vegetables for personal use only; not for commercial sales.
- Plot holder is responsible for all maintenance and upkeep of their garden plot(s) and adjacent walkways. This includes, but is not limited to, cultivating, weeding and watering on a weekly basis.
- No invasive plants are permitted. View a list of invasive plants.
- No littering, dumping of garbage including any yard or garden plot waste. The Community Garden Plot Program is a carry in, carry out facility and is trash free.
- No unauthorized expansion of your plot into the surrounding paths or encroaching on other plots is permitted.
- No taking of fruits and/or vegetables from plots that are not yours.
- Plots are subject to inspection by City staff at any time. Plots that become heavily weeded or are not regularly maintained will be considered in violation and will receive notification to bring their plot(s) into compliance within two weeks. If compliance is not reached, the plot(s) will be surrendered and all fees will be forfeited.
- The City will not provide any gardening equipment.
- Water may be hand carried from Tuscarora Creek.
- This is a seasonal permit only. The application must be made by the beginning of each season.
- Willow Brook Only - NO vehicles may be driven over the bridge. This is for City maintenance and emergency vehicles only.
- Park all motor vehicles in designated parking areas only. At no time will vehicles be allowed to park on the grass in any park.
- There will be NO alcohol in any city park. This is a City Ordinance and violators will be prosecuted.
- Please abide by official park hours of dawn to 10 p.m.
- No open burning is allowed.
- Applicant is responsible for updating and maintaining current contact information for the plot/s on file with Office Manager of the City of Frederick Parks and Recreation Department - Email Sarah Stamper.
Signing up for Alerts regarding Garden Plots
Revoking a User’s Permit
The City of Frederick reserves the right to revoke a user’s permit and/or refuse rental for any or all of the following:
- Damage is done to the area
- Rental patrons are not acting in an orderly manner
- Users/Patrons repeatedly do not adhere to users’ responsibilities